The word human resources may be familiar to active job seekers. Because every time you send an application or are reading job vacancies on job seeking sites, the word Human Resources always appears as a job poster. However, this job actually includes some important elements to know such as the Principles of human resource management or what strategies are used.
Keep reading this article to learn more about the basic principles of managing human resources and the strategies they used to achieve their objectives from their points of view. Before submitting a job application or if you intend to work in this profession, it can help you a lot.
Definition of Human Resource Management
Human resources management (HRM) is the process of managing employees in the company and their related duties. It comprises hiring, training, encouraging, and keeping personnel. The HRM should ensure the organization’s adherence to all relevant laws and regulations pertaining to the workforce.
Any firm that wants to manage its employees efficiently must have the right staff members in line, that is why HRM is an essential role. Professionals in HRM need to have a solid awareness of both the law and all the different HRM activities. They must have the capability in managing others well and establishing a productive workplace and understanding the main principle of human resources management.
Duties of Human Resources Management
In HRM, a variety of important duties are often used, including:
FREE Download Now - Brilliant PPT Slides on Competency-based HR Management System and Human Capital Strategy
• Employer relations;
• Recruitment and selection;
• Training and development;
• Performance management;
• Compensation and benefits
To ensure that the workforce is capable of achieving the organization’s goals and objectives, each of these activities is necessary.
Principles of Human Resource Management
Actually, the HRM principles of each company are different but still with the same goal. These principles are important to successfully achieve company goals and employee convenience. The Principles of Human Resource Management are important guides to follow when administering employee benefits and designing HR programs. Some of them are listed here:
- Equal opportunity – An HR Manager should equalize and treat all employees properly, no matter what their situation or characteristics are.
- Commitment to Legal Requirements – HR policies and practices have to conform to all legal requirements. An HR must not break the rules that have been set, they must maintain that commitment.
- Consider employee rights – Every job has the same legal protection in accordance with applicable laws. This legal protection must always be considered by HR as the person who is responsible for employee safety.
- Privacy protection for employees – Personal information about employees must be safe from exploitation or access by unauthorized parties. Information about employees held by the company must not be freely given to anyone or used without the consent of the person.
- Discrimination and intimidation prevention – Employees shall be protected from harassment and discrimination based on any protected condition. In short, employees must be free from any action that puts them under pressure when working collaboratively.
- Effective communication – Employees need to be kept aware of any changes to HR policies and procedures along with their rights and obligations. Effective teamwork depends on clear communication to prevent misunderstandings.
- A healthy and secure place – Every employee should have a healthy and secure place to work. This is important for their mental and physical health, as it helps them come up with new innovations for the company’s benefit. The employees will not be depressed, and the company will grow.
- Learning and growth – Employees must receive the training and instruction required to carry out their job responsibilities. HR must always be aware of the company’s development. Therefore, providing training to employees on a regular basis is important.
- Maintaining qualified workers – Employers must take steps to keep skilled workers. HR must also pay attention and maintain the skills of their employees.
- Evaluation and improvement – Human resource policies and practices need to be evaluated and enhanced if necessary.
Although each company’s principles of human resource management may differ from those of this principle, it is meant to act as an indicator of the duties and dedication of human resources management to employees.
HRM Strategies To Maximize Human Resource Potential
To make the most of the potential of human resources, management strategies for them should be created. The suggested strategies are as follows:
- Set specific objectives and goals.
Setting specific goals and objectives is the first stage in managing human resources. This will make it easier to make sure that everyone is working toward the same objective.
- Choose the best candidates
Finding the best personnel for the firm is essential. This will make it simpler to ensure that the business has the best staff and that each one may develop their abilities to the maximum of their potential.
- Train and develop employees
You need to invest profits on employee training and development if you want your staff to do their duties correctly. As a result, the production of the organization will increase, and employee skills and personal growth will both advance.
- Reward employees
Employees that perform well should be rewarded. This will encourage them and boost teamwork, both of which will benefit the organization. Employees will use the reward as a reason to keep improving themselves.
- Manage employee performance
Employee performance needs to be managed to ensure that workers are fulfilling the organization’s goals and objectives. As a result, both the achievements of the company and the productivity of workers will increase.
This strategy aims to maintain and improve the quality of human resources. The benefits gained by the company are influenced by the skills and quality of its employees. Therefore, the HRM profession is very influential.
To sum up, Human Resources Management plays an important role in the company’s growth and success. From selecting the best candidates to hire to protecting employee rights, HRM is responsible. Therefore, there are certain principles of human resource management that must be maintained and strategies that are used in order to always boost human resources.
FREE - Brilliant PPT Slides on HR Management x HR strategy. Download Free - NOW.